Sunday, October 10, 2010

Why I am going?

When I signed on with Salaam Garage to go to Ethiopia, I was not sure absolutely why.  

Of course I wanted to go to Africa and this would be my first visit.  I was excited.  At the same time I was concerned how I/we would be received.  

So......I finally watched "A Walk to Beautiful"and this made it crystal clear.  I am going to help the women with Obstetric Fistula (please see the section to your right for a description this condition).  I know it seems obvious but I was not sure how I would be able to help.  I found out that help in all shapes and forms are desperately needed, so whichever way I could help, I was now sure would be beneficial.

The film really bought home to me the intimate story, of one women who goes about her daily life dealing continuously with incontinence.   Continuous incontinence??.....  in roaring hot temperatures, dealing with being cast out by your family and friends because of the stench from the urine and feces.  The visual picture brought home the reality of life with Obstetric fistulas.


Take a look at my HOW To Contribute page and see how you can me help them.


Watch the Movie...
A Walk to Beautiful (watch instantly on netflix with this link or the link below on youtube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w-fOmovijc&ob=av1e


No comments:

Post a Comment