I have been in Ethiopia for 9 days and what a welcome and surprise. I have enjoyed beautiful landscapes, friendly animals and the hustle of the city.
The Fistula hospital was our first stop and at first they were overwhelmed by a large group of photographers descending upon their home. We adjusted and each of us were able to visit with different ladies from various wards.
I made my home in the maternity. I was welcomed by 7 ladies who had previously had fistulas and had healed. They were now pregnant once again and back at the fistula hospital to ensure a safe birth which means no complications or skilled people at hand to swiftly deal with whatever may come up so NO FISTULAE will occur.
The ladies were happy to be in safe hands and enjoyed the camaraderie and friendship of the other ladies who have shared similar experiences to them.
I met with two wonderful women, one happy to be an expecting mother with many hopes for future and the other lady who had already given birth and a proud mother, looking forward to going back to her family.
Above is one of the expectant mothers , who had just received her new blanket for the baby. Each blanket is unique and all the women's excitement seem to grow as we looked at all the variety of shawls, I think looking forward to their new arrival.
More soon.....

No comments:
Post a Comment